Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Once again a new blog....

As many of you know, I like to write, I like to write about EVERYTHING.  This blog will make number 5!  The only issue with my keeping up with them is that I tend to write about certain subjects instead of our family!  I have a blog that I started years ago that somewhere along the way became lost in the abyss of the internet...still not sure where it ended up!  I have a blog that I started when I began selling Stella and Dot jewelry, there's another blog for our lab Bella, she was going to have her own blog and be world famous, however her mom got busy and couldn't keep up with all of her antics!  Then I have the Maidens and Mohawks blog that I like to save for my photography projects...that one has also been a little neglected lately since school has all but completely consumed my life!  So, here I am starting a new blog...this one is properly titled "Rollin' With the Benz" and if all goes well I will keep it rolling....
I'm now going to do something I SWORE I would never do.  I have been struggling with making myself work out and sticking with it (I think there's a pattern here).  I have bought Shakeology, Turbo Jam, and Brazil Butt Lift...I also have the infamous P90X.  All of these I have done...just not completed.  So today, along with my friend Kristin I made ANOTHER vow to myself that this time would be different, I WILL complete the workouts, I will be proud of myself...I will tolerate Tony Horton pushing me to keep going, all while I am thinking cruel thoughts about him!  Kristin and I started the morning by taking our measurements (not fun) and then doing "before" pics (even LESS fun).  I said there was NO WAY I would post those pics...ever....but then someone said something to me that actually made me reconsider.  "If I post the pictures, then they hold me accountable for actually doing something about the way I feel and look." Furthermore, if I post them AND publish them, then I REALLY have to stick to it, to prove to myself and others that I'm really not a quitter (more like an excuse maker) and I can do this.  So here in all their un-glory are my before pics, taken on Day 1 of P90X...hopefully by day 30 I will be boasting and proud of the next set!


Now onto other things...I am so excited to be finished with school and I'm looking forward to summer!  I actually get to enjoy it with my children without the pressures of work!  At first I was unsure what on earth we would be doing everyday, but after a lot of research for my English final paper...I have decided that they are going to summer school...right here in our own kitchen!  They are excited too!  I figured since Emma obviously learned NOTHING in 2nd grade then it was up to me to get her prepared for 3rd!  Riley on the other hand could probably skip most of the 4th grade curriculum and is ready to start Pre-Algebra...my little brainiac! Right now they are both sponges and soak up everything I tell them, so with a membership to the Museum and also one to the zoo, a trip planned to Alabama and whatever else I can come up with, I am determined to make this a summer of learning! 
As for me, I have 3 weeks of freedom before the last day of school.  With no direction, no rules and no deadlines...I see some major home improvement projects ahead!  I think I will start the first one today...moving my furniture and mopping the floors underneath!  All those push ups on the floor this morning gave me a whole new perspective of my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment